Biomechanics & Orthotics
4 Life Podiatry has one of the most advanced dedicated podiatric gait assessment tools available. Using the Orthotech 3D scanner and state of the art software we can perform a full biomechanical assessment of the foot and, if required, prescribe custom made orthotics from these accurate scans.
Biomechanical assessment & orthotics can be used to treat:
- Tired / Aching Feet or Calf Muscles
- Heel or Arch Pain including Plantar Fasciitis
- Achilles Tendon Pain
- Shin Splints
- Ankle pain
- Flat (pronated) or excessively high (supinated) foot arches
- Painful calluses and corns on the soles of feet
- Knee, hip and lower back pain caused by poor foot posture and lower limb biomechanics
The custom orthotics that we create are very comfortable (unlike the rigid fibreglass orthotics that are often prescribed) and are of the highest quality available. The orthotics that we prescribe are used by AFL teams, NRL teams, Olympic athletes, and specialist clinics such as ours.
We can prescribe orthotics specially designed for:
- Running and Cross Training Shoes
- Work Safety Boots
- Mens & Womens Dress Shoes
- Diabetic Shoes
- Football & Soccer Boots
- Court Shoes (tennis, netball, basketball, etc)
- Kids Shoes
- And many other specialised applications.
From the time of the scan and ordering the orthotic can be ready to pick up from the clinic in as little as 10-days.
There are many conditions that can be caused by poor biomechanics in the foot and ankle, as shown in the image below: