What is it?
In the case of Claw Toes, there is an upward bending of the toe joint at the ball of the foot, followed by the toe bending downwards in a claw-like fashion at the middle and sometimes end joint. Claw toe can occur to any toe other than the big toe. Claw toe can be very painful and is typically caused by tightened ligaments and tendons pulling the toe down. The pain is typically located at the top of the toe rubbing against the shoe or the end of the toe pressed against the sole of the shoe.
4 Life Podiatry
Podiatry treatment is usually able to relieve pain and symptom’s of Claw Toe and can include:
- Prescription footwear designed to avoid pressure on the toes
- Prescription of Orthotics to relieve pressure on the claw toe
- Splints and Straps to help realign the toe
- Cushions or Pads to prevent skin breakdown
- Removal of Corns and Calluses (if present)